1. Information We Collect and How We Use It
We collect your name and email address. For example, you may subscribe to receive email updates from the Website by submitting your email address. You also may submit comments to the blog on the Website or through the contact mechanism on the Website. We generally do not encourage the submission of any personal information in these comments or through the contact mechanism other than what we expressly require (e.g., name and email address). Information you disclose in the comments becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your information in a submission.
Web servers may automatically capture the following information from visitors to the Website, including the name of the domain and host from which you access the internet, the internet address of the Website from which you enter the Website, the pages you visit on the Website and the amount of time you spend on the Website. This visitor information may be used to improve the Website.
2. Disclosure of Information
We will not voluntarily share your name and email provided via the Website to any third party, except:
- With third parties that we hire to perform services for us (these third parties are not authorized to keep or use your personal information for any other purpose),
- To comply with legal requirements, such as law, regulation, warrant, subpoena, court order, or with a regulator or law enforcement agency or personnel or
- In connection with a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, acquisition, dissolution or similar event.
Visitor information described above under “Information we collect and how we use it” may be provided to third parties as described below under “Cookies“ and “Web Beacons.”
3. Your Choices and Access
We want to keep your name and email address accurate. You can correct or update your name or email address that you have provided us. Corrections can be submitted through the Contact Form on the Contact Page. Readers dissatisfied with a response may reach us via email at email@example.com.
The Website may allow you to choose to receive or stop receiving communications from us. You can prevent further use of your name or email address by submission through the Contact Form on the Contact Page. Readers dissatisfied with a response may reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Links, Cookies, Web Beacons and Security
- Cookies: When you visit the Website, a cookie may be placed on your computer for customizing and enhancing your experience on the Website. Your name and email address are not shared in this cookie. You can set your Web browser to block cookies, but doing so may affect your ability to access certain features of the Website.
- Web Beacons: Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a Web page and to understand usage patterns. Web beacons also may be included in emails to learn if messages have been opened, acted on or forwarded. You can disable the ability of Web beacons to capture information in this manner by blocking cookies as described above under “Cookies.”
- Security: We take reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss and misuse. Please keep in mind that no Internet transmission is 100% secure. Some email sent to or from the Website may not be secure. Please consider this when sending information to us by email.